Employment & Immigration
FINDING & ADVERTISING FOR STAFF
The Trainers’ Association can help with sourcing staff. On the Employment section, there is a current listing of staff available and looking for work. If you can’t see anyone suitable on the staff listing available on the website, trainers can have their details listed on the Trainers looking for Staff listing, and an ad can be placed on your behalf on various Equine staff social media pages.
If you wish to be included on a listing for trainers looking for staff and have advertisements placed on your behalf, please download and complete the following document.
RESPONSIBILITIES & COMPLIANCE
NZTA provides members with a comprehensive and easy to follow pack for ensuring you can comply with employment legislation. This includes templates for documents that must be used (all can be changed to suit your requirements) - just click on the link below:
- Guidelines for NZTA members when employing staff
- An employment agreement (only the text in red requires you to put in details)
- An offer of employment letter
- Job Descriptions for either Stablehands or Trackwork riders
- A spreadsheet for recording hours worked, leave taken
- A flowchart to see if your staff could qualify as an independent contractor
- Information on PAYE filing from 1st April 2019.
- KiwiSaver information required to be distributed for first-time employees
- For international staff, we are also able to provide a letter to support for immigration purposes and direct you to a reputable immigration specialist to assist with the necessary paperwork.
Information is provided for trainers to assist when employing immigrants.
Once you have arranged employment of an immigrant, you will require a letter of support from the Trainers’ Association, please download and complete the following details and a letter will be sent to you.