Case Worker Required to provide support in the areas of Drug Alcohol and Gambling Dependency
The Salvation Army with the support of the RIU and NZRB are introducing a trial programme to provide support for people involved in the Racing Industry encountering issues with drugs, alcohol, and gambling. The role will be specifically in the Racing Industry based in the Waikato/Auckland region but will involve work in other regions as required.
The role of Case Worker will involve
- Education for employers, employees, Stable Hands, Dog Handlers, Junior Drivers and Apprentices.
- Advice and Education for Trainers, Club and RIU staff.
- One on one support and advice for participants with Drug, Alcohol and Gambling dependency issues.
- Alcohol and Drug dependency assessment for those returning positive tests.
- Referral to an appropriate level of treatment that meets the individuals need. Taking the person through the agreed treatment programme.
- Aftercare and follow up after the treatment has been concluded.
- Referral to Chaplaincy support if required.
- Assessment and advice where people with a history of Alcohol and Drug dependency wish to re-enter the industry.
The position will be employed by the Salvation Army on a 12 month contract.
The requirements for the role are:-
- DAPAANZ registered or a registered Health professional.
- Experienced in case worker /health role
- A knowledge of the workings of the racing industry
- An ability to work and relate to people.
For further information and expressions of interest contact
Neville Gibbons Salvation Army